Sunday 2 November 2014

Monaco - a Motorsport enthusiasts point of view!

What a day! Sadly for the rest of the family, once the parking issue was resolved, I was like a pig in muck! The bus stopped on the pit straight....so a photo of the Tarmac was required.
I then started off to walk the 'lap' so everyone had to go with me! Fever pitch just grew and grew as we passed landmarks that we have seen for years on the TV. I lost all shame at the hairpin section for this particular photograph.
The exit of the tunnel section led me to photograph the ground where the kerbs go!
And finally, the ultimate thing. The bit I've longed to do for a long time. I did a lap. I was prepared before we set off, the running gear was on underneath the civvies. I broke the Monaco law and changed my T shirt in public on the main straight. I then set off. Here I am rounding the swimming pool section. I missed the apexes of the kerb so I think I might have lost some time on my lap!
2 miles later, and 14 minutes of traffic avoidance led me to a satisfactory conclusion of a fanatics day! Thank you to Clare, Jasper and Maya for putting up with me today.
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment