Tuesday 18 November 2014

We all make mistakes!

Leaving Rome was the main aim. Diesel was the second aim. Shopping was the third aim. Travelling to Pompei was the next aim. We had completed all of those with relative ease. A sizeable dent in the wallet occurred today, but at least we achieved what we set out to do. So, why the title? The weather has been good, in fact warm and dry and the roads, the A1 in particular has been super. 
Will let me explain this as delicately as I can! 
After the third aim was completed I realised something was amiss with the van. No thieves thank goodness, just that the water tanker cover was missing. A moment of thinking took me back some 2 hours previously when we were filling up the water tanks at the last site in Rome. Quite some distance had been covered as we realised that .....well.....believe it or not.......and I'm not smiling whilst I write this....but.....hee hee.....chortle chortle......Clare made a mistake!
I had to laugh because any other reaction would've made the problem worse. Poor Clare was mortified. You are probably wondering at this time, why Clare may have been so speechless, sad and gutted. The water tanker cover is a lockable device, which she had unlocked with the spare keys to the van. If you're going to make a mistake, the good idea is to make it a memorable one. This is most definitely one! Eventually once the problem is resolved, we will remember Pompeii for other reasons other than the ruined town.
The resolution is underway though. I think I have booked a courier to pick it up and deliver it here. Who knows really what will happen. The people at the campsite where it has been found were very helpful on the phone, but really didn't want to put the stuff in and envelope or a bag, so we'll see what happens there too!
Whatever does happen, it will be resolved with our own parts returning, or spare keys being cut and spare parts being delivered.

 I've had fun writing this though!
Ed

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha I did the same during October half term when Ben and myself went away for a few days. In our case no keys attached but the water cap was not to be found :-( Replacement now purchased.

    ReplyDelete